[XeTeX] longer ConTeXt+XeTeX compile time than before

Jeong Dalyoung haksan at mac.com
Thu Feb 1 14:18:30 CET 2007

Dear all,

Recently I updated TeXlive and ConTeXt. After that the compiling time
of a file under ConTeXt+XeTeX  became longer than before. However,
there is no change when I compiled the files using ConTeXt.

I tested the same file using the previous ConTeXt version in the
another Mac and found that there was no delay. The big difference
between them as follows:

1. part of log file under new version
(/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs/tex/context/base/cont-err.tex
systems         : no file 'cont-sys.tex', using 'cont-sys.rme' instead
) )
<at here, it paused for long time>
stdin -> speedtest.pdf
[1]
8949 bytes written
Output written on speedtest.pdf (1 page).
Transcript written on speedtest.log.
TeXUtil | parsing file speedtest.tui
TeXUtil | shortcuts : 169
TeXUtil | expansions: 308
TeXUtil | reductions: 0
TeXUtil | divisions : 0
TeXUtil | loaded files: 1
TeXUtil | temporary files: 0
TeXUtil | commands: 25
TeXUtil | programs: 0
TeXUtil | tuo file saved
TeXExec | runtime: 47.741367

In another Mac installed the previous version,  "speedtest.xdv ->
speedtest.pdf" instead "stdin -> speedtest.pdf"    I don't know why
two machines made pdf files in different ways, but I assume that
"stdin -> speedtest.pdf" is the cause of the delay.
My powerbook is 1.33GHz PowerPC G4.

Would some one try the following file and see what happen?

Thank you.

Regards,

Dalyoung

\font\A="Hoefler\space Text" at 24pt