[XeTeX] xetex 0.997 already released?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Dec 27 23:49:56 CET 2007

On 27 Dec 2007, at 9:38 pm, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On Dec 27, 2007 9:43 PM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> it seems that MikTeX 2.7 (released a ten days ago) includes
>> xetex-0.997
>> (according to http://dojo.miktex.org/forums/thread/1800.aspx).
>>
>> Has 0.997 stable version been released? When is the final release
>> planned?

0.997 has been pretty stable for some time, but has not formally been
released. I'd hoped to do that during the autumn, but have had very
little time to spend on it.

> Christian Schenk simply took some SVN version (which already holds the
> tag 0.997).

Right; I wasn't even aware of this until fairly recently.
Unfortunately, the version that was included with some MikTeX 2.7
betas, at least, included a serious bug in image handling; I hope the
final 2.7 release includes the fix for this.

> The second question can only be answered by the author.
> Perhaps just before the TeXLive 2008 Release? :)

Certainly in time for TL2008; preferably sooner.

Actually, with 0.997 having been the "development" version for so
long, and quite a number of people using various iterations of it,
I'm thinking that I may call the next official release 0.998, to
reduce confusion.