[XeTeX] XeTeX build fails

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Dec 21 18:01:00 CET 2007

On 21 Dec 2007, at 4:48 pm, Peter Dyballa wrote:

>> I think those $LDBLStub errors usually indicate that you're trying to
>> mix object files compiled with gcc 3.x and 4.x. Don't do that.
>

> No, I'm not. I switched to GCC4:
>
> 	/usr/bin/gcc --version
> 	powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc.
> build 5367)

So are you sure that's the gcc being used to build all the files
involved? And was it used to build whatever libraries you're linking
with? I've seen those undefined symbols before, but it's always been
caused by mixed compiler (or C library) versions. If that's not it,
then I don't know. You could try inspecting all your object and
library files to see where they're being requested.

Alternatively, you could use a standard Mac OS X build environment.