[XeTeX] weaving xetex.web (was: XeTeX Digest, Vol 45, Issue 12)

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Dec 18 22:00:25 CET 2007

On 18 Dec 2007, at 5:49 pm, Sonam wrote:

> Hi, there:
>
>     I want to read the document generated from XeTeX WEB on Ubuntu
> 7.04, but it seems that the weave on my Linux cannot process
> the .web file correctly, it gives a lot of error msgs.( It can
> generate the document of TeX correctly. ) What can I do to generate
> the .tex file from the WEB file which is used by otangle to
> generate the .p Pascal program?

Sorry, I have not been using Weave, and much of the new/changed code
in xetex has not been structured/commented carefully in a Weave-
compatible way.

I have just checked in changes to allow Weave (and TeX on the
resulting file) to run without fatal errors; mostly this means
cleaning up TeX-related markup in the comments. Note, however, that
there are many places where the commentary in the WEB file describes
the original TeX or e-TeX code, and has not been fully updated to
reflect the changes in XeTeX. So be cautious when looking at the
module descriptions.