[XeTeX] XeTeX, Persian, Page Numbers, Footnote Numbers

Mostafa Vahedi vahedi58 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 20:26:36 CET 2007

See the following link in persian:
  http://farsilatex.blogfa.com/post-71.aspx

  Regards,
  Mostafa

Ali Majdzadeh <ali.majdzadeh at gmail.com> wrote:
    Hello All
  I tested all the suggestions presented in the thread, but actually I was not successfull. Could someone please post a working example using XeLaTeX.
  Thanks in advance.

  Kind Regards
  Ali

  2007/12/7, Ali Majdzadeh <ali.majdzadeh at gmail.com>:     Hello All
  Thanks for your attention. The problem solved. Thanks a lot.

  Regards
  Ali

  2007/11/28, Mostafa Vahedi <vahedi58 at yahoo.com>:     Thanks Miyata,

Just to make it a little bit more complete:

\makeatletter   \renewcommand{\thepage}{\textfarsi{\the\c at page}}
  \renewcommand{\thesection}{\textfarsi{\the\c at section}}
  \renewcommand{\thepart}{\textfarsi{\the\c at part}}
  %And so one for subsection, subsubsection, etc.

  \renewcommand{\thefootnote}{\textfarsi{\arabic{footnote}}}
  \renewcommand{\thefigure}{\textfarsi{\arabic{figure}}}
  \renewcommand{\figurename}{\textfarsi{Figure in Farsi}}
  \renewcommand{\contentsname}{\textfarsi{Table of Contents in Farsi}}%
  \renewcommand{\listfigurename}{\textfarsi{List of Figures in Farsi}}%
  %And so on for indexname, tablename, etc.
  %To make the figure or table caption appears correctly:

  \newsavebox\@Arabitempboxa
  \long\def\@makecaption#1#2{%
  \vskip\abovecaptionskip
  \sbox\@Arabitempboxa{\beginR #1: #2\endR}%
  \ifdim \wd\@Arabitempboxa >\hsize
  \beginR #1: #2\endR\par
  \else
  \global \@minipagefalse
  \hb at xt@\hsize{\hfil\box\@Arabitempboxa\hfil}%
  \fi
  \vskip\belowcaptionskip}
  \makeatother

Mostafa

caapv 208 <caapv208 at yahoo.co.jp > wrote:     --- Bruno Voisin wrote:

> IIRC LaTeX knows only about arabic and roman
> numbers, and also about
> numbering using the roman alphabet and using
> "old-fashioned" non-
> alphanumeric characters (for footnotes) like *, §,
> ¶, �, �, �
> and the like.

The TECkit mapping files comes with arabxetex package
perform necessary conversions, hence there is no need
to implement inefficient macro level bloats.

\usepackage{arabxetex}
\newfontfamily\arabicfont[Script=Arabic]{Scheherazade}
\makeatletter
\renewcommand{\thepage}{\textfarsi{\the\c at page}}
\renewcommand{\thesection}{\textfarsi{\the\c at section}}
\renewcommand{\thepart}{\textfarsi{\the\c at part}}
\renewcommand{\thefootnote}{\textfarsi{\c at footnote}}
\renewcommand{\labelenumi}{\textfarsi{\theenumi}}

etc. should be sufficient.

> Bruno Voisin

Regards,
SMiyata