[XeTeX] Quick question on font substitutions and the like

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sun Dec 9 05:36:46 CET 2007

I cannot seem to find any information on what I want to do here, and
maybe I just don’t know how to articulate it in a way that the search
engine likes.  All I want to do is have it so that some Unicode
characters (0x2191 & 0x2192, in my present case) are rendered in a
different font than the mainline text.  I use a font that doesn’t have
those glyphs, and I have another font that has those glyphs; I would
like it such that every time XeTeX encounters “→” in the document
source, it switches the currently active font, outputs that character,
and then switches back to the font that I am using.  Is that possible?

	Thanks!
	Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us