[XeTeX] inserting swf animations with xetex

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Dec 9 02:18:54 CET 2007

On 8 Dec 2007, at 6:54 pm, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:

> I had to upgrade movie15 to the version contained in CTAN (to avoid
> the
> pdfmdfivesum command), add the pdfmark option to hyperref and
> compiling
> the example below doesn't seem to work.
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{color}\usepackage{graphicx}
> \usepackage[pdfmark]{hyperref}
> \usepackage{movie15}
> \begin{document}
> \includemovie{256pt}{256pt}{file.swf}
> \end{document}
>
> Since xelatex --no-pdf compiles it without warnings, xdvipdfmx gives a
> bunch of errors and movie15 seems to be written with conditionals for
> pdftex or dvips, xelatex writes pdfmarks for the dvips driver and
> xdvipdfmx is not able to compile it.

(x)dvipdfmx has support for some pdfmark specials, but I don't know
how complete it is; apparently it's not sufficient for this package.

> Could anyone confirm me this issue before trying to contact movie15
> developer in order to get this fixed?

If the problem is limited pdfmark support in the xdvipdfmx driver,
then the movie15 developer might not be able to do anything about it;
you might need driver improvements instead.

Does movie15 work with latex->dvi and the dvipdfmx driver? You could
try investigating that combination, and if it doesn't work, ask the
movie15 developer and the dvipdfmx project team to consider extending
or adapting either the package or the driver. If dvipdfmx gets
support for movie15, we should be able to merge that into xdvipdfmx
as well.