[XeTeX] from teTeX-3.0 to TeXLive 2007

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Aug 20 18:53:57 CEST 2007

Le 20 août 07 à 18:00, Akira Kakuto a écrit :

>> In order to try to understand that, I have been looking at
>> fontspec.sty and could not find any explicit call to a specific font
>> file such as lmroman10-regular(.otf).
>
> Please see font definition files in  xelatex/euenc/lm.

Thanks! Now I understand. I had missed the introduction of the EU1
encoding (or at least I'd forgotten about it), and regarding the
euenc directories I was mistaking them for Will's early xeuler
package for use of Euler math fonts with XeLaTeX.

In any case it seems, after a bit of experimentation, that replacing
for example in xelatex/euenc/lm/eu1lmr.fd explicit file name
declarations such as

"[lmroman10-regular]"

by font name declarations of the form

"LMRoman10\space Regular"

solves the problem with xdv2pdf (and still works with xdvipdfmx -- at
least on the Mac).

That said, I imagine there is a rationale for preferring file name
search to font name search. Maybe cross-platform compatibility?

Bruno Voisin