[XeTeX] using xetex in make

Nikola Lecic nlecic at EUnet.yu
Thu Aug 16 16:28:13 CEST 2007

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:07:18 -0400
Mike Maxwell <maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu> wrote:

> Bruno Voisin wrote:
> > To find out where XeTeX looks for input files and in which order,
> > you can use:
> >
> > kpsewhich --progname=xetex --show-path=tex
>
> Thanks for all the replies (Bruno and others)!  Bruno's reply put me
> on the trail, and the problem turned out to be User Stupidity.  My
> makefile re-defined $TEXINPUTS...  I can't remember why I did that,
> but I'm not doing it any more.

Ah! Mate, please include the entire file that causes problems next
time. Your description

  (% /bin/sh
   $ xetex xyz
         works...
   ... but invoked through /bin/sh in a child process it doesn't)

indicate that 99% it's strange shell behaviour in question; and then
people spend their time trying to reproduce your problem -- which is not
possible without Makefile parts you didn't show.

Bruno, great intuition! :)

Nikola Lečić