[XeTeX] tikz incompatible with xcolor's option dvipsnames ?

Manuel Souto Pico m.soutopico at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 20:00:47 CEST 2007

Hi Herb,

> Howdy,
>
> Once you've created the xelatex-xdvipdfmx.engine file you change the
> line in the source to use that engine,
>
> %!TEX TS-program = xelatex-xdvipdfmx

Thanks for that. Now I suppose everything must be fine. My first line
is as you said.

Still, I can't use the option "dvipsnames" as an option when I call
the package xcolor unless I add the option "dvipdfm"  in the document
class definition.

%!TEX TS-program = xelatex-xdvipdfmx
%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
\documentclass[a4paper,10pt,oneside,dvipdfm]{report}
\usepackage[usenames,dvipsnames]{xcolor}

As someone was saying earlier, this might not be the best way of using
rich color names but for me it's fine, I can get the colours I want,
so let's leave it here.

Thank you so mucho for your help!

Cheers, Manuel