[XeTeX] Newbie Alert: EPS to PDF question

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Aug 15 16:38:49 CEST 2007

On Aug 15, 2007, at 9:15 AM, Martin Schröder wrote:

> 2007/8/15, Kate Hayes <khayes at ppi2pass.com>:
>> I'm faced with having to convert hundreds of graphic files from
>> EPS to PDF
>> so I can use XeTeX (which I need for the hundreds of fonts we
>> use). Short of
>> writing a script or just doing it manually (groan), am I perhaps
>> missing
>> something in the documentation about XeTeX's converting them
>> automatically?
>
> epstopdf.sty can do this.
>
> Best
>    Martin

Howdy,

I was going to suggest this but it doesn't appear that xetex supports
the --shell-escape option which is necessary; at least xetex --help
doesn't give that option. Do I have that right?

If you can get it to work, the first run through will generate the
pdf files from the eps files and further runs will automatically use
the pdf's if the extension is left off the file name in the
\includegraphics command.

Wait a minute... did this thread start with using xetex rather than
xelatex? :-(

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)