[XeTeX] xdvipdfmx segmentation fault

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Aug 13 13:25:52 CEST 2007

On 9 Aug 2007, at 9:39 pm, caapv 208 wrote:

> --- I wrote:
>
>> However, I have checked the freetype2 CVS repository
>> and
>> found that as early as version 2.2.0, it sets
>> vertical
>> metrics correctly.  So I'd like to propose a simpler
>> patch attached.

I see one issue with this approach: it's testing the Freetype version
at build time, but that doesn't ensure the behavior will be correct
at run time. If xdvipdfmx is dynamically linked (as happens in many
distros), the end user might still have Freetype 2.1.9 on their
system, even though the build machine had 2.2.x.

So I've modified this to use the result of FT_Library_Version()
(cached when fontmap.c initializes the library) rather than the
preprocessor macros.