[XeTeX] Default values of \pdfpage{width, height}

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Aug 3 16:42:40 CEST 2007

On 3 Aug 2007, at 2:16 pm, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Thus it seems we're really left in the wild regarding the way the
> papersize \special should be generalized in XeTeX.

Not entirely. I don't know about dvipdfm, but dvipdfmx at least
(which basically supersedes it) supports papersize specials on any
page; and naturally xdvipdfmx inherits this. So it was already
possible to change paper size mid-document by using this special. The
only new thing xetex will need is a "reset" or "default" form of the
special, so that its emulation of pdfTeX page size parameters can
work reliably, while also supporting the command-line specification
of paper size (which I believe can be a useful feature, despite the
dvips opinion).