[XeTeX] tex-text and more quotes

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 12:57:10 CEST 2007

>Rather than having those responsible for updating XeTeX code trying to
>anticipate all the (pseudo-)ligatures that individual users might require,
>could we have some sort of primitive (e.g. \myligs) which would invoke a
>simple table of mappings (e.g. a file myligs.lig) that the user finds
>convenient:
>
>(( -> \char'...... etc. (for true ligatures one would want the syntax to
>include instructions for deconsructing the ligature at end-line hyphenation
>points)
That is exactly what I suggested. For example, one can use fonts as follows:

\font\XX="Mitsos-Regular/ICU:script=grek,+hlig,+clig:mapping=lgr-text"
\font\YY="Kitsos-Regular/ICU:script=latn,+hlig,+clig:mapping=t1-text"

And this is a feature currently supported by XeTeX.

Regards,
A.S.

PS The T1 "ligatures" are not standard ligatures as are those currently
supported in tex-text.

*Apostolos Syropoulos                                          *
*snail mail: 366, 28th October Str., GR-671 00  Xanthi, HELLAS *
*email     : asyropoulos (at) yahoo (dot) com                  *
*phone num.: +30-2541-028704                                   *
*home page : http://obelix.ee.duth.gr/~apostolo                *
*blog : http://asyropoulos.wordpress.com/                      *