[XeTeX] Default values of \pdfpage{width, height} (was: XeTeX and pdfpages: no dice?)

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 03:26:41 CEST 2007

On 8/3/07, Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at mac.com> wrote:
> Personally I gave up on pdfTeX after that, as I couldn't get the hang
> of how the new initialization procedure worked, and I got a bit
> heated up by the way the change had broken backwards compatibility.

As I recall, while the engine itself broke backwards compatibility, a
change to pdftex.def incorporated the new (more intuitive) behaviour
while still respecting the way Plain TeX did things by default. So it
was only during the time between pdfTeX being updated and Heiko's new
pdftex.def that backwards compatibility was broken.

But that's going on memory...I might be slightly mistaken.

Will