[XeTeX] tex-text and more quotes

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Thu Aug 2 17:27:18 CEST 2007

On Aug 2, 2007, at 11:01 AM, Axel Kielhorn wrote:

> I modify my keymap on a regular basis, every time I discover I can't
> type a certain character.
>
> It's only an XML file after all.
>
> You do know the character pallet and the favorites tab to store the
> characters you need most often?

Yes. Unfortunately, it can't be invoked w/ a character press (AFAIK),
which was the main attraction of COMPOSE.exe --- now that I think
'bout it, that's what I didn't like about popchars, had to take my
hand off the keyboard and use the mouse to bring up its window.

COMPOSE.exe was just amazingly cool how it would allow one to tap the
compose key, hit <space><space>, then arrow through the resultant
list of characters to get what one needed (esp. handy for ornaments
fonts).

Not so needful these days w/ Glyph palettes &c. --- I suppose I
should just track down a keyboard w/ a built-in TrackPoint for here
at work.

William

--
William Adams