[XeTeX] fontconfig and the same name fonts

Nikola Lecic nlecic at EUnet.yu
Sun Apr 29 04:20:16 CEST 2007

Is there any recommended method in situation when we have OTF and TTF font with the same name and need to have both installed? (GFS fonts are a good example: download any pair from http://www.greekfontsociety.org.) In such cases, fc-list lists only one name, despite inspecting and registering both files. How can we be sure what font file XeTeX actually uses and what fonts.conf or XeTeX directives can make such a situation clear?

Nikola Lečić