[XeTeX] "new-babel", was: Ancient Greek hyphenation

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Mon Apr 23 20:53:32 CEST 2007

> (3) I agree with you but (4) definitely not -- you *want* to switch
> fonts when you switch languages in order to activate any
> language-specific OpenType features (although you often won't when
> switching between European languages). Don't forget that you need
> separate \font declarations to do this.

  We need it in the current state of affairs, because as Jonathan
pointed out a couple of weeks ago, it's not possible to tell XeTeX
“switch to language XXX, using the same font”, but is there any other
reason why we would like to do it?

  Granted, even if there's no other reason, we will need to enable
“new-babel” to switch fonts, as long as things are this way.

	Arthur