[XeTeX] "new-babel", was: Ancient Greek hyphenation

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Apr 23 20:22:36 CEST 2007

Am 23.04.2007 um 19:31 schrieb Will Robertson:

> Language-specific typography? Whoever wants it can write their own
> package :)

This is a must for at least two countries or regions (France and
Germany, Austria, Switzerland have strict rules), and I think there
are a few dozens more since long time written languages. For us
"language support" does not stop at translation level. And since
typography isn't an element of scholar education, I'd appreciate if
"programmes" do automatically what I've never learned.

And I'd also appreciate when the language support would include "font
switching." Fraktur fonts have two s forms – which one is to be used
in which situation? I'd like to have a programme that corrects me
here, or that disables ligatures when they're inadequate ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

fools.