[XeTeX] Ancient Greek hyphenation

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Apr 20 01:13:09 CEST 2007

Am 19.04.2007 um 23:42 schrieb Manny Ram.:

> Thanks for your time. Unfortunately, I tried "sudo
> fmtutil-sys", only to receive the following message:
> "We trust you have received the usual lecture from the
> local System Administrator. It usually boils down to
> these three things:..."

The first time an user with an admin role in Mac OS X tries to work
with "elevated privileges," he or she is warned this way. Is the
warning so hard to understand and to apply?

> I eliminiated "sudo" and the commands went through ok.

This is not an optimum solution ...

> Yet my Xetex document remains without hyphens.

Jonathan Kew explained a few times that TeX tries to live without
hyphenations. There are particular situations in which no hyphenation
happens, for example when using a monospaced or typewriter font, or
in tables.

> I even tried " texexec --make --all". Nothing.

I would have not imagined a different result. Texexec is a script
particularly used in the world of ConTeXt.

Are you able to produce decent XeTeX output in a Latin script? Maybe
it helps you when passing this stage to handle a non-Latin script.

--
Greetings

   Pete

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
                                          - Jeremy S. Anderson