[XeTeX] color directives in RL context

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Tue Apr 17 11:06:32 CEST 2007

Mojca Miklavec wrote :

> Please post some minimal example on the list to test. Many people can
> test on mac, but not everyone knows what to do in order to reproduce
> the bug.
>
> Mojca

OK, here is one. But now that SMiyata informs me that xdv files do not
contain directional informations, the result will certainly not be
different on Mac.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[dvipdfm]{color} % <= change to xetex driver when using xdv2pdf
\TeXXeTstate=1
\begin{document}
\everypar={\setbox0=\lastbox \beginR \box0 }

black black black black black black black black black black black black
black black black black black \color{blue} blue blue blue blue blue
blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue
\end{document}

(same result as above when using pdftex driver with pdflatex)

For comparision, the following is for lambda + dvipdfmx :

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[dvipdfm]{color}
\let\origshipout\shipout
\def\shipout#1{\origshipout#1 dir TLT}
\begin{document}
\pardir TRT\textdir TRT
black black black black black black black black black black black black
black black black black black \color{blue} blue blue blue blue blue
blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue
\end{document}

Now the words are colored as they should: black is black and blue is
blue :-)

Regards
FC