[XeTeX] [OS X TeX] XeTeX and pdfpages: no dice?

caapv 208 caapv208 at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Apr 12 14:13:06 CEST 2007

--- Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at mac.com> wrote:

> I don't think it is absolutely impossible to make
> pdfpages work with
> XeLaTeX. But that's not easy.

All you need are there as long as drivers are concerned.
Unfortunately it is not the whole story, however.
See the 2nd entry of
http://scripts.sil.org/svn-view/xetex/TRUNK/TODO?r1=443&r2=450
and consider why Jonathan wrote this :)

> - Be recognized by the graphics package. That's the
> case: the
> graphics package has an option [xetex] for xdv2pdf
> and an option
> [dvipdfmx] for xdvipdfmx.

xdvipdfmx understands both [xetex] and [dvipdfmx]
options, but [xetex] is the prefered one now.

> - Provide facilities equivalent to pdfTeX's
> \pdfpageattr, \pdfannot,
> \pdfthread and \pdfdest, so that one may implement
> the same
> functionality as the following code from
> pppdftex.def:

The syntax for the specials for xdv2pdf and for
xdvipdfmx are the same, as indicated by the fact that
they share the same [dvipdfm] option for the hyperref
package.  So this is the easiest part.

> Bruno Voisin

Regards,
SMiyata