[XeTeX] Ligatures and small caps in Junicode (was: Re: inconsistant kerning)

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Sep 25 20:29:31 CEST 2006

Pablo Rodríguez <oinos at web.de> writes:

> It has been solved by adding the small cap ligatures. But I wonder
> whether this is the right method for doing it, since if scmp where
> applied first, there would be no characters to apply the f i liga GSUB.

Yes, a correct ordering of the features would be better. Normally
fontforge does the right thing here. However, it seems the the incorrect
'liag' feature confuses fontforge. Renaming that to liga (even though it
really isn't a ligature) gave a correct TTF. This is discussion is more
suitable for a fontforge list, though, which is why I am moving it
there.

cheerio
ralf