[XeTeX] xdvipdfmx doesn't seem to respect PDF crop areas

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Sep 24 00:51:36 CEST 2006

Am 23.09.2006 um 22:55 schrieb Zachary Pincus:

> Does anyone know who I ought to alert about the broken dvipdfm.def
> in /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/latex/graphics/? Would this
> have come from the 'tex' installation, or with the 'xetex' i-
> installer files?

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/latex/graphics/dvipdfm.def
comes from the latex-update i-Package.

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/dvipdfm/dvipdfm.def
comes from the tex i-Package.

You should report this to Gerben Wierda, the one who creates the TeX
and LaTeX update i-Packages and created i-Installer.

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/dvipdfm/dvipdfm.def file
is from 1999/9/6 (the other one is from 1998/11/24) has this URL in
its header: http://odo.kettering.edu/dvipdfm/ (as the elder one, too)
and states that it is hand optimised – could be the owner of this
site needs to receive also a notice.

The elder file uses \special syntax from dvipdfm, the newer one seems
to be unspecific and has an extra rule for PNG files.

--
Greetings

   Pete