[XeTeX] xdvipdfmx doesn't seem to respect PDF crop areas

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Sat Sep 23 02:40:19 CEST 2006

> Temporarily, until Jonathan fixes xdvipdfmx, try as follows:
>
> (1) [dvipdfm] option in the source:
>
> \documentclass[dvipdfm]{article}
> \usepackage{graphicx}
> \begin{document}
> Some text.
>
> \includegraphics{figure}
>
> More text.
> \end{document}
>
> (2) create figure.bb before compiling by xelatex:
> ebb figure.pdf
> ( -c option may not be necessary )
>
> (3) compile by xelatex + xdvipdfmx:
> xelatex -output-driver='xdvipdfmx -q -E' sourcename

Thanks for all the help Akira; I definitely appreciate it.
Unfortunately, this technique does not appear to work for me. (Did it
work for you on the test case? Perhaps I am missing a step somewhere,
or maybe you have a newer version of xdvipdfmx than the one I have
that came from Jonathan's installer?)

  I've tried a few different permutations (\usepackage[dvipdfm]
{graphicx}, manually specifying the bounding box with a [bb = ...]
argument to \includegraphics, ebb with and without -c, and so forth)
but nothing's working yet for the test case.

Zach