[XeTeX] new 'size' feature of Opentype fonts

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Sep 20 13:52:28 CEST 2006

On 20 Sep 2006, at 3:21 am, Michael Zedler wrote:

> If you update to the most recent version of the lcdf typetools (or
> also
> fontforge) you'll see that the optical size information is correct --
> according to the corrected size feature by Adobe. New font releases of
> Adobe will use this corrected size feature as well.

Ah! I ran an existing otfinfo, which is why it didn't look right;
just downloaded a new version and the info looks better. :) Sorry, I
hadn't properly understood the change -- that existing Adobe fonts
were actually wrong according to the spec.

I've modified XeTeX (rev. 368) so that it handles both "broken" and
"corrected" versions of the table, and it now finds the proper
optical sizes for existing Adobe fonts like Warnock Pro and also for
your new MnSymbol. So this will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for the info!