[XeTeX] accent doubt

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 10:16:54 CEST 2006

On 16/09/2006, at 14:56 , G. Balamurugan wrote:

> Thanx for ur swift reply,  i have changed my coding as u instructed
> but there is no change in my output,
> I have attached the pdf for ur reference, my coding is
> \documentclass[20pt]{article}
> \font\tnr="Times New Roman/B" at 20pt
> \def\mr#1{\mbox{\tnr #1}}
>
> \pagestyle{empty}
> \begin{document}
> $$\hat{\mr a}$$
> \end{document}

Hi bala,

Your techniques are a funny mix of TeX and LaTeX.
Here's how I would do what you're trying:

\documentclass[17pt]{memoir} % not that only a small range is
possible for font sizes!
\usepackage{fontspec} % my package for selecting fonts in LaTeX
\setromanfont{Times New Roman}
\pagestyle{empty}
\begin{document}
\[% don't use $$ in LaTeX!
\hat{\mathbf a}
\]
\end{document}

But I don't understand why you're trying to get a 20pt sized document.

Will