[XeTeX] Nested \textit in an italic fontinstance

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Wed Sep 13 13:19:13 CEST 2006

On Sep 13, 2006, at 7:07 AM, Will Robertson wrote:

> Jonathan wrote:
>>> Incidentally, you might expect /B to act similarly, toggling bold on
>>> or off, but it doesn't. Instead, it always tries to find a bolder
>>> version of the font that was given.
>
> Wah?!? I could see that being useful in the future.
> Hmm, if that's the case I've never seen it -- /B seems to me to
> always snap to the most bold font available. But maybe my testing
> hasn't been wide enough.

It's exactly the behaviour I want when dealing with families like
Helvetica Neue or Univers or Frutiger --- it's been on my list to
play with for a while now....

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient(s), any usage,  dissemination, disclosure, or
action taken in  reliance on it is prohibited.  The reliability of  this
method of communication cannot be guaranteed.  Email can be intercepted,
corrupted, delayed, incompletely transmitted, virus-laden,  or otherwise
affected during transmission. Reasonable steps have been taken to reduce
the risk of viruses, but we cannot accept liability for damage sustained
as a result of this message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it and notify the sender.