[XeTeX] on the new released GFS Didot

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Tue Sep 12 14:31:34 CEST 2006

Hi there,

with the new release of GFS Didot under the Open Font License, the font
itself has been much improved.

All otf files don't use obsolete commands for character composition and
work fine with xdvipdfmx.

Windows font names are fixed now and they don't include the Rg preffix.

GPOS kerning in italics seems much better now.

í and ì in bold italics are located in their proper places now.

The only remaining issue is that ß won't be properly capitalized in
small caps (and I guess in all caps and all small caps). But I will

Maybe I should reconsider deploying GFS Didot on important projects
(after the fix routines for capitalizing ß ;-)

I hope it helps,

Pablo