[XeTeX] Fontspec question

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Sep 9 11:01:44 CEST 2006

Am 09.09.2006 um 04:43 schrieb Will Robertson:

>> Wrong sequence: \bfseries switches to the "normal" bold shape, of
>> course.
>
> ? You're thinking in TeX, not LaTeX. Font shape changing is
> orthogonal.

Indeed, it works in that simple way! (I always used to set the basic
feature first and then select another feature on top of it, the
lesson learned from plain TeX.)

So what's left as Jacques' mistake is the two steps of \fontspec[this]
{font} + \setromanfont[those]{font} that do not work that simple.
I.e. "SmallCapsFont = {MetaNormal-Caps}" in the \setromanfont
statement is resetting the former \fontspec statement ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

A lot of us are working harder than we want, at things we don't like
to do. Why? ...In order to afford the sort of existence we don't care
to live.
                                    -- Bradford Angier