[XeTeX] Fontspec question

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 15:48:11 CEST 2006

On 07/09/2006, at 18:39 , <jropers at freesurf.fr> <jropers at freesurf.fr>
wrote:

> Is it possible in a \setromanfont declaration to explicitely
> declare the
> boldface (and italic form, and italic-bold) fontname of SmallCaps
> font in
> addition to the ordinary SmallCaps name ?

Hi Jacques,

Yes, this is possible, but I agree the interface isn't immediately
obvious.
On page 9 of the manual, at the end of section 4, there's an example
of setting small caps features independently for each font shape.
This technique should also work for selecting the small caps font.

So, something like
   \setfontfamily\myfont[
     UprightFeatures{SmallCapsFont={...}},
     ItalicFeatures{SmallCapsFont={...}},
     BoldFeatures{SmallCapsFont={...}},
     BoldItalicFeatures{SmallCapsFont={...}},
   ]{...}

If this doesn't work, please let me know :)

Cheers,
Will