[XeTeX] Fontspec question

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Sep 7 12:38:07 CEST 2006

Am 07.09.2006 um 11:49 schrieb <jropers at freesurf.fr>
<jropers at freesurf.fr>:

> I am looking for something like :
> SmallCapBoldFont={...}
> SmallCapItalicFont={...}
> SmallCapBoldItalicFont={...}
> to be put in a \setromanfont declaration.

The generic form is: \fontspec[〈font features〉]{〈font name〉},
among which you can place a series of 〈font features〉=
〈options〉 lists like in

	\setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text, ItalicFont={LM Roman Italic}]{LM
Roman Regular}

(I specify the Italic variant for the serif font to be used, which is
LM Roman Regular, which has spaces in its name so the name is
capsuled inside {}). Since the features you request do not seem to be
available, you might need to consider paragraph 7: Defining new
features ...

Personally, I do not see much sense in having more than one SmallCaps
variant. (Because I once wrote in MS Word 4 or 5?)

On a side mark, Will: could you add \usepackage{cmap} to your TeX
source of fontspec? When I tried to copy text from TeXShop's PDF
viewer window the angle brackets came as small latin letters (h, i)
here into Mail.

--
Greetings

   Pete

When confronted with actual numbers, a mathematician is at a loss.
                                          (Steffen Hokland)