[XeTeX] problems with hyperref \url box

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Mon Sep 4 00:50:56 CEST 2006

I have tried to compile this document with XeLaTeX:

\documentclass[a5paper,12pt,twoside]{article}
\usepackage{hyperref}

\begin{document}
\begin{description}
\item[E-Mail] \url{user at domain.com}.

\item[Website] \url{http://www.domain.com}.
\end{description}
\end{document}

And for some strange reason I get the following errors:

! Extended mathchar used as mathchar (2097151).
<to be read again>
                   <
l.6 \item[E-Mail] \url{user at domain.com}
                                       .
?
                   _
l.6 \item[E-Mail] \url{user at domain.com}
                                       .
?
! Extended mathchar used as mathchar (2097151).
<to be read again>
                   <
l.6 \item[E-Mail] \url{user at domain.com}
                                       .
?
! Extended mathchar used as mathchar (2097151).
<to be read again>
                   _
l.6 \item[E-Mail] \url{user at domain.com}
                                       .
?
! Extended mathchar used as mathchar (2097151).
<to be read again>
                   <
l.8 \item[Website] \url{http://www.domain.com}
                                              .
?
! Extended mathchar used as mathchar (2097151).
<to be read again>
                   _
l.8 \item[Website] \url{http://www.domain.com}
                                              .
?
! Extended mathchar used as mathchar (2097151).
<to be read again>
                   <
l.8 \item[Website] \url{http://www.domain.com}
                                              .
?
! Extended mathchar used as mathchar (2097151).
<to be read again>
                   _
l.8 \item[Website] \url{http://www.domain.com}

And the resulting file has the box around the \url text is wrong set and
it takes the whole line (pdflatex has no problems with this). The \url
set fine if colorlinks=true is set as a hyperref option.

Thanks for your work,

Pablo