[XeTeX] segfault with xetex

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Sun Sep 3 12:54:17 CEST 2006

Jonathan Kew wrote:

> Of course, xetex shouldn't crash even if you do have a bad font; and
> the "problem" font might not really be wrong at all, it could simply
> be a xetex bug. But until we can isolate which font is triggering the
> problem, it's hard to be sure.
>
> So if you're willing to spend some time tracking this down, I'd
> suggest removing "extra" fonts from your font directories (half at a
> time, perhaps), and re-testing, to try and narrow down the problem.
> What you *should* get with "junk" names like this is a simple "! Font
> not found" error.

Jonathan, just accidentally I found out which font causes the
segmentation fault when not finding the font name for any font in my
font directories (http://www.orthodoxia.gr/media/athena.zip).

Don't forget that the segmentation fault happened after I removed some
Type1 fonts when xetex was running. Because of that, it might be a bug
in fontconfig.

Just in case it helps, Pango 1.14.x seems to have problems with this
font (it makes Firefox crash when browsing a page that loads the font
[bug already reported]).

I hope it helps. Thanks for your excellent work,

Pablo