[XeTeX] No Unicode mapping available: GID=

Joshua Grauman jnfo at grauman.com
Sat Sep 2 20:42:16 CEST 2006

I get these errors from xdvipdfmx under Linux using the SIL Ezra font.
Does this mean my utf-8 text has unicode characters that my font does not
have? Is the GID the decimal value of the unicode character that is
missing?

Thanks,

Josh

** WARNING ** No Unicode mapping available: GID=380
** WARNING ** No Unicode mapping available: GID=383
** WARNING ** No Unicode mapping available: GID=386
** WARNING ** No Unicode mapping available: GID=387
** WARNING ** No Unicode mapping available: GID=389
** WARNING ** No Unicode mapping available: GID=390