[XeTeX] help for the font problem

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sat Sep 2 20:32:17 CEST 2006

On 31 Aug 2006, at 10:41 am, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 31.08.2006 um 08:53 schrieb Otared Kavian:
>
>> ** WARNING ** This .map file looks like a dvips format fotmap file.
>> ** WARNING ** -- Current input buffer is: HoeflerTextOrnaments
>> hoeflertextornaments <hoeflertextornaments.enc
>> ** WARNING ** -- Reading fontmap file stopped at: file="dvipdfm.map",
>> line=6.
>
> This is not related to the Korean font problem, it has to do with the
> gtamacfonts. In /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/dvipdfm/
> updmap/dvipdfm.map, and your private copy (~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/
> dvipdfm/updmap/dvipdfm.map), if you use a private configuration,
> you'll need to comment line #6 with at least one %.
>
> Or you fetch and install the corrected XeTeX i-Package.

Just a small note: AFAIK, the version of the XeTeX i-Package will not
make any difference here. This is a gtamacfonts error, and the fix is
to comment out the line (as mentioned above).

I guess nobody was using dvipdfm-type drivers with gwTeX until xetex
0.995 came along, and that's why it hasn't been a problem until now.