[XeTeX] Do we really need XeTeX specific paths? (was: Experiences with XeTeX on Debian Sarge and Ubuntu Edgy Eft)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Oct 24 21:31:51 CEST 2006

Am 24.10.2006 um 19:55 schrieb Ralf Stubner:

> * Configuration files for various LaTeX packages (graphics, color,
> crop,
> hyperref, geometry)
>
> These files should be modified such that they can distinguish between
> being loaded by XeTeX, pdfTeX, TeX, ... and incorporate the default
> behaviour from the relevant packages. I think this is one of the
> things
> that has to be done for getting XeTeX into TeX Live.

Yes, this should be achieved! Since the XeTeX specific files are so
unique in names they can easily be merged into the "normal" trees.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Make it simple, as simple as possible but no simpler.
                               Albert Einstein