[XeTeX] ``Peace on Earth'' again

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Fri Oct 13 19:26:29 CEST 2006

Le 12 oct. 06 à 16:32, William Adams a écrit :

If you want to add a Sanskrit version (after all it's still spoken),
here is one:

शान्तिर्भूयात्पृथिव्या
श्च प्रीतिपात्राणि
मानवाः ।

I took it from a translation of the New Testament published in
Calcutta in 1910. The tiltle page says the translation is the work of
several English and Bengali scholars, but it doesn't mention their
names.

> Unfortunately, Zapfino doesn't support languages beyond those using
> the Latin alphabet, so, I'm thinking I'm going to try to use a _lot_
> of different fonts, choosing one in harmony w/ each language --- it's
> probably going to be cluttered and busy, but I'm hoping w/ colours
> it'll look bright, colourful, festive and decorative.

Of course; I meant Latin script. But there must be ornate fonts for
other scripts as well. For Sanskrit, the prettiest font I know of is
"Devanagari MT", but maybe other members of this list will have
another one to suggest.

Regards,

Yves