[XeTeX] ``Peace on Earth'' again

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Oct 11 09:12:10 CEST 2006

Le 11 oct. 06 à 04:57, Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill a écrit :

> Actually, now that Rod mentioned that this was Luke 2:14, it is
> straight-forward to find this sentence in a variety of languages
> simply by checking the relevant translation of the bible.  For
> instance, Google finds http://www.ibs.org, and from my (very)
> rudimentary knowledge of the language, I can deduce the following
> translation into Japanese:
>
>      地上では、平和が、神様に喜ばれる人々にあ
> るように。

Apparently, you can also go at <http://www.bibleserver.com/>, then
select the Read tab and below the Index tab; then select Luke in the
left frame, and Chapter 2 in the scroll-down menu in the upper right,
press Go, select verse 14, then select Compare in the list of items
that has appeared at the beginning of the chapter. That will display
the verse in a number of Bible translations: