[XeTeX] Fonts for (Xe)TeX use

Joachim Trinkwitz jtr at uni-bonn.de
Mon Oct 9 18:11:17 CEST 2006

Am 09.10.2006 um 13:07 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

> Some time ago I posted a list of additional fonts, that I had
> installed gradually on OS X as a result of their mention here or on
> the OS X TeX list. Some of them were bundled with applications (Adobe
> Reader, Adobe Acrobat, Mathematica), and to use them I thought it was
> needed to copy them from the application bundle to the OS X font
> folders (/Library/Font or ~/Library/Font).
[...]
>> Adobe Reader fonts
>> ==================
>> MinionPro, MyriadPro, CourierStd, AdobePiStd: Adobe Reader serif,
>> sans serif, monospaced and dingbat fonts
>> Available in OTF format inside the application bundle on OS X
>> I'm unsure whether the AR license allows them to be copied from the
>> application bundle to the general OS font directory (/Library/Fonts/
>> on OS X), in order for them to become available to all other
>> applications;

Regarding legality, Adobe doesn't seem prohibitive to moving and
using the fonts with other applications on your system; cf. http://
www.typeforum.de/modules.php?
op=modload&name=News&file=article&thold=-1&mode=flat&order=0&sid=259
where someone cites (in german, sorry) Adobe's customer service
answering a question concerning the use of Minion and Myriad.

Regards,
joachim

Dr. Joachim Trinkwitz     E-Mail: jtr at uni-bonn.de
Institut für Germanistik, Tel.: 0228-737565
Vergleichende Literatur-  Fax: 0228-737479
und Kulturwissenschaft    www.germanistik.uni-bonn.de
der Universität Bonn      53012 Bonn