[XeTeX] xetex & texinfo

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Nov 28 23:39:13 CET 2006

Am 28.11.2006 um 22:50 schrieb Gour:

> I am trying to contribute to the documentation for software project
> which uses texinfo format as documentation format.
>
> texinfo source is processed with texinfo.tex file containing all
> required macros.

Texinfo and pdftexinfo are also formats ... so you might need to
create a xetexinfo.fmt file first. Here are excerpts from fmtutil.cnf:

	# Texinfo formats
	texinfo		tex	-		-translate-file=cp227.tcx texinfo.ini
	pdftexinfo	pdfetex	-		-translate-file=cp227.tcx *texinfo.ini
	# XeTeX formats
	xetex		xetex		-		*xetex.ini
	xelatex		xetex		language.dat	*xelatex.ini

So you might create a file xetexinfo.ini from xetex.ini and
texinfo.ini and add a line like this to fmtutil.cnf

	xetexinfo	xetex		-		*xetexinfo.ini

and with 'sudo -h fmtutil-sys --enablefmt xetexinfo ; sudo -h fmtutil-
sys --byfmt xetexinfo' it might get created ...

You could for xetexinfo.ini decide to set different fonts and
different font sizes. (I once, decades ago, did a similiar hack to
have texinfo use PostScript fonts. Mostly.)

Are you trying to solve a problem with non-Latin scripts?

--
Greetings

   Pete

Some day we may discover how to make magnets that can point in any
direction.