[XeTeX] ArabXeTeX pre-release

Iris & François Charette charette at ankabut.net
Tue Nov 28 21:33:24 CET 2006

Anas Ghrab wrote:
> I do not really know where to place the files. I just placed them
> somewhere I found existing *.map. There are ones for font folder, but
> where to place the *.map of the source folder ?

Just unzip the whole package in your local or user-specific texmf
directory, the appropriate directory structure is contained in the zip
file. Sorry if I can't be more specific, I am not familiar with TeX on
the Mac platform, though it should be similar to TeXlive for Linux. The
*.map and *.tec files are TECkit mappings specific to XeTeX and have
nothing to do with the *.map files that contain information about Type1
fonts in a traditional TeX installation. They must go to fonts/misc/xetex/.

Cheers,