[XeTeX] Building on Intel Mac

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Nov 27 00:28:47 CET 2006

Am 26.11.2006 um 21:02 schrieb Jon Breitenbucher:

> I am trying to build the latest of everything (xetex, xelatex, and
> anything else that is installed by the XeTeX installer for OS X) for
> Gerben's new TeXLive based i-Package which is located at /usr/local/
> TeXLive.
>

> Will I have to edit the build-xetex script to use the correct path?

No, not this script, but runConfigure.sh! This one has the variables
PREFIX and DATADIR preset with the teTeX values which need to be
adapted to your recent layout.

I think that the following errors come from the above mistakes.

> Here is what I get at the end without setting a new install path.
>
> ./build-xetex: line 30: cd: Work/texk/web2c: No such file or directory
> ./build-xetex: line 35: cd: Work/texk/xdv2pdf: No such file or
> directory
> ls: Work/texk/web2c/xetex: No such file or directory
> ls: Work/texk/xdv2pdf/T1Wrap: No such file or directory
> ls: Work/texk/xdv2pdf/xdv2pdf: No such file or directory

> It also has
>
> checking host system type... i686-apple-darwin8.8.1
> checking target system type... i686-apple-darwin8.8.1
> checking build system type... i686-apple-darwin8.8.1
>
> while the folder in bin from Gerben is i386-apple-darwin8.8.1

I have no idea whether this difference makes a difference – just try
to compile again with the fixed runConfigure.sh script, i.e. again by
invoking 'sh build-xetex'! Later we might see more ...

--
Greetings
                                  <]