[XeTeX] Θέμα: Re: Ξ�Ξ­ΞΌΞ±: Re: OpenType ligatures

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 24 21:06:39 CET 2006

--- Adam Twardoch <list.adam at twardoch.com> έγραψε:

> The way XeTeX works is perfectly fine and I don't
> think this really
> needs to be changed. It is possible to implement
> contextual features
> like the one in the sample font without relying on
> the space glyph.

Can you suggested one? BTW, when using Omega one
cam create an OTP that can easily handle such
ligatures. In fact, I have implemented these
ligatures and many more using such an OTP. But here
the obvious solution does not work (OK this is not
a bug, but rather a feature), so I would like to
hear any suggestion that might help me solve this
problem.

> BTW, the recommended implementation of the hist
> feature is using GSUB
> LookupType 1, not LookupType 5 or 6.

Maybe this is something I have to report to George
Williams, 'cause I am using FontForge to generate
the OpenType font.

A.S.

*Apostolos Syropoulos                                          *
*snail mail: 366, 28th October Str., GR-671 00  Xanthi, HELLAS *
*email     : asyropoulos (at) yahoo (dot) co                   *
*phone num.: +30-2541-028704                                   *
*home page : http://obelix.ee.duth.gr/~apostolo                *