[XeTeX] Θέμα: Re: OpenType ligatures

Alexej Kryukov anagnost at yandex.ru
Fri Nov 24 19:40:04 CET 2006

On Friday 24 November 2006 10:56, Adam Twardoch wrote:

> The contextual lookup is present in your font but is not associated
> with any feature, so XeTeX does not know how to access it. It should
> be associated with the "clig" feature.

No, the font is (almost) correct; at least the contextual lookup is
properly associated with the "hist" feature. I have already explained
what it doesn't work in XeTeX just because of the problem related
with the space characters.

Unfortunately this also means that the way XeTeX handles OT fonts
has a really serious limitation. Many OT rules may depend from
spaces found in the input stream, and, of course, typing spaces
as \char 32 is not an option in this case.

--
Regards,
Alexey Kryukov <anagnost {at} yandex {dot} ru>

Moscow State University
Historical Faculty