[XeTeX] Hoefler Text, Swashes, and Intel Macs

Alexander Peyser apeyser at umsis.miami.edu
Tue Nov 14 04:23:58 CET 2006

I found the bug! It has nothing to do with Intel macs.

In fontspec v10, when adding features, the odd negations aren't taken
into account when checking if the feature exists. Otherwise the bottom
most \ifodd is never reached.

in fonspec.sty, v10 I added lines as follows (++ are lines I added):

++\newcounter{zf at thisfontfeaturenum}
\newcommand*\zf at make@aat at feature@string[2]{%
  \edef\zf at this@featurename{\XeTeXfeaturename\zf at basefont #1}%
  \ifx\zf at this@featurename\@empty
    \let\zf at thisfontfeature\@empty
  \else
++    \setcounter{zf at thisfontfeaturenum}{#2}
++    \ifodd #2
++    \addtocounter{zf at thisfontfeaturenum}{-1}
++    \fi
    \edef\zf at this@selectionname{\XeTeXselectorname\zf at basefont #1
\c at zf@thisfontfeaturenum}%
    \ifx\zf at this@selectionname\@empty
      \let\zf at thisfontfeature\@empty
    \else
      \edef\zf at thisfontfeature{%
        \ifnum\XeTeXisexclusivefeature\zf at basefont #1 > 0
          \zf at this@featurename=\zf at this@selectionname
        \else
          \ifodd #2
            \zf at this@featurename=!\zf at this@selectionname