[XeTeX] Lucida fonts

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Mon Nov 13 13:18:03 CET 2006

On Nov 12, 2006, at 3:50 PM, Will Robertson wrote:

> Well, various parts of the Lucida fonts exist in TrueType or
> OpenType form, with many more glyphs than offered by the PostScript
> ones sold by TUG. Not sure about the extended range of fonts,
> though (black letter, cursive, etc.). However,  the big thing with
> the Lucida fonts is the maths support for TeX, which is currently
> lacking in OpenType fonts in general.
>
> So if you need maths, buy the old versions. If you can wait,
> OpenType fonts may appear in the future...but you never know, really.

Actually, OpenType versions of the Lucida math fonts have been
available for a while, the problem is that since there was no
standard at the time of their release for including math-specific
spacing information none of the .tfm-specific data is available in
the fonts themselves.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient(s), any usage,  dissemination, disclosure, or
action taken in  reliance on it is prohibited.  The reliability of  this
method of communication cannot be guaranteed.  Email can be intercepted,
corrupted, delayed, incompletely transmitted, virus-laden,  or otherwise
affected during transmission. Reasonable steps have been taken to reduce
the risk of viruses, but we cannot accept liability for damage sustained
as a result of this message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it and notify the sender.