[XeTeX] Missing characters

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Nov 12 01:55:53 CET 2006

On 11 Nov 2006, at 1:29 pm, Stephen Moye wrote:

> If I use XeTeX with CM (not something that I am in the habit of doing
> -- discovering this was an accident) with something like this:
>
> The first four characters of each page are missing:

This is a bug in xdv2pdf. It was fixed some weeks ago in the source
code, but there hasn't been an updated package yet. So if you get the
source and build it yourself, you'll get rid of the bug; otherwise,
you'll need to wait for the next release (in December, I hope; I'm on
the road until then).

I believe that if you have occasional font changes breaking up the
body text (e.g., headings, emphasis, math, etc) then the bug will not
show up; it only happens with long runs of a single legacy font.