[XeTeX] xetex & lyx (latex)

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Thu Nov 2 15:07:32 CET 2006

Hello!

Let me congratulate all XeTeX devs first to bring such a nice program to
the community. It solves many problems and make life easier for all of
us dealing with non-US codepages.

The upcoming LyX 1.5.0 is bringing Unicode support (utf-8) and I am
investigating how it can be used with XeTeX engine...

I patched svn version of LyX to enable utf-8 support and LyX creates dvi
& pdf.

However, I'm interested to use it with xetex engine (via LyX's export
command), so I wonder where is some documentation about using LaTeX with
xetex engine?

I emerged xdvipdfmx-0.3 & xetex-0.995 on my amd64 Gentoo box and plain
CM-test.tex works!

Sincerely,
Gour