[XeTeX] Free download: Microsoft Office 2007 beta 2

Adam Twardoch list.adam at twardoch.com
Mon May 29 21:35:27 CEST 2006

Jon Breitenbucher wrote:
> The first version of Word had this and I think it has always been
> there. I remember typing my undergrad thesis and using syntax like
> \sum_{}^{} in my thesis. This was in 1991. Every version of Word
> since has been able to display the document so I would guess this
> functionality has never been removed. It would seem like MS has just
> decided to pay more attention to it and make it a lot more useful.

They really changed completely how it works inside though. For example,
your cursor can now be in the normal Word text and when you search for a
string using the Find operation, any texts in equasions will also be
found. Switching between equations and regular text feels very smooth,
completely unlike the old MathType-based Equation Editor. And it is all
Unicode-based, does not use the old hack encoding stuff that MathType
used to be based on.

A.

--

Adam Twardoch